Why am I feeling this way after an Abortion?
We have heard from clients that they didn’t even realize that the emotions they were experiencing were connected to their abortion experience. Many of the following emotions and feelings have been shared with us by women and men who have experienced abortion.
- abusive behavior
- alcohol and/or drug use
- avoid baby reminders
- baby showers, baby stores, etc.
- changes in relationship/marriage
- 70% of relationships/marriages break up within 1 year of an abortion
- 90% break up within 5 years
- control issues
- crying spells
- difficulty in all types of intimacy
- divides time into “before” and “after” the abortion
- eating disorders
- fails to bond with subsequent children
- loss of interest in sex
- loss of normal sources of pleasure
- marital stress
- nightmares/problem sleeping
- over-protective of living children
- promiscuity or frigidity
- reduced motivation
- self-punishing and/or self-degrading behavior
- strained relationship with living children
- suicidal impulses or thoughts
- tolerates abusive relationships
- want atonement/replacement child
There are women and men at Collage Center who know what it is like to have experienced these after-effects. Not only that though, they have learned how to create beauty from the unexpected trauma of their abortions. Call us today to learn more. All of our services are free and completely confidential.
Note: Collage Center offers peer counseling and accurate information about all pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.